KB Legals is a boutique law firm located in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. The firm was established over 25 years ago.
The main core practice areas of the firm include commercial and property transactional matters and trusts (including SMSFs).
We focus on the legal areas we know and do best. We do not try to be all things to all people. The benefit of this to our clients is that we are able to provide high quality legal advice, efficiently and cost effectively.
The greatest source of new business to our firm is by way of referrals from our existing clients and professional contacts. We pride ourselves on this fact because it means that our existing clients and referrers like the way we work and the way we approach matters.
KB Legals believe in a holistic approach to the provision of legal services and are of the view that it is important to consider taxation, stamp duty, succession and financial planning issues in any commercial transaction or business related matter.
We generally work in close conjunction with accountants, financial planners and other professional advisors to enable us to better serve our clients.
We have developed a client base which ranges from individuals to public companies and not-for-profit organisations, amongst others, located throughout Australia.
We are a small dynamic team who work well together and collaborate, where necessary,
to better serve our clients and their legal requirements in a cost effective manner.
There are two (2) senior lawyers within the practice who together have over 45 years of combined experience as legal practitioners.
They are supported by a team of support staff and paralegals.
Karl Burnett, Principal
- Master of Law
- Master in financial planning
- Bachelor of Economics (major in accounting and tax law)
- Diploma of Education
- Karl is the principal of the firm and has over 30 years’ experience working in the legal profession
- Prior to joining the legal profession, Karl worked as an in-house accountant
- Karl has had experience working in an in-house legal counsel capacity for various entities
- Karl was also an academic and a lecturer in the Faculty of Law University of Western Sydney.
Kristyl Burnett, Senior Lawyer
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce (major in marketing)
- Master of Law (part-completed and continuing)
- Kristyl has over 12 years’ experience working as a lawyer in New South Wales.
- Prior to joining the firm, Kristyl worked for an international real estate and investment management firm and as an in-house counsel for a property development group
- Kristyl participated in the Young Achievers Australia program and was a finalist and later awarded runner-up ‘Business Person of the Year’ (NSW)
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Conveyancing – Residential, commercial & rural properties
- Commercial and retail leasing
- Property development & structuring
- SMSF property acquisition
TRUSTS & SELF-MANAGED SUPERANNUATION FUNDS (SMSF)
- Trusts – Discretionary trusts, unit trusts, SMSFs, bare trusts, disability trusts and others
- Establishment of trusts
- Reviewing existing trusts
- Business and corporate structuring
- Commercial agreements and transactions
- Buying and selling a business
- Contractual disputes
- Equity applications
- Real property disputes
- Debt recovery
- Shareholder disputes
WILLS & ESTATES
- Estate planning
- Preparation of Wills, powers of attorney & other estate planning documents
- Testamentary trusts
- Probate applications